0 Flares 0 Flares ×
Bible Verses Explaining Salvation through Jesus Christ
Click Here for a Printer-Friendly List of the Bible Verses
This page shows some of the key verses that make up the message of
Salvation through Jesus Christ, our Lord. While the entire Bible carries
this message, these verses are examples of the different steps toward
God loves us, and wants to have a relationship with us.
- The LORD, the LORD, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin. (Exodus 34:6-7)
- Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands. (Deuteronomy 7:9)
- God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. (1 John 4:16)
- I trust in God’s unfailing love for ever and ever. (Psalm 52:8)
- How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! (1 John 3:1)
- We love because he first loved us. (1 John 4:19)
However, we have rebelled against God, and our Sin separates us from God.
- But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear. (Isaiah 59:2)
- I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin… (Romans 7:14)
- There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. (Proverbs 14:12)
- Nothing in all of creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account. (Hebrews 4:13)
- For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. (Romans 3:23)
Most of us try to do good things (works) to get back to God, but we cannot earn back God’s forgiveness or re-establish our relationship with Him through our own efforts.
- All of us have become like one who in unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags… (Isaiah 64:6)
- I will expose your righteousness and your works, and they will not benefit you. When you cry out for help, let your collection of idols save you! The wind will carry all of them off, a mere breath will blow them away.(Isaiah 57:12-13)
- For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith – and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God – not by works, so that no one can boast. (Ephesians 2:8,9)
- …they pursued it not by faith, but as if it were by works. They stumbled over the ‘stumbling stone.’ (Romans 9:32)
Through our sins and our broken relationship with God, our punishment is death and eternal separation from God.
- For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 6:23)
- I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins. (John 8:24)
So that we can re-establish our relationship with Him, God provided his Son, Jesus Christ, to do for US what we cannot do for ourselves.
- But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8)
- For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16)
- For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Jesus Christ, who gave himself as a ransom for all men. (1 Timothy 2:5-6)
- For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit… (1 Peter 3:18)
Jesus Christ paid the ultimate sacrifice for our sins through His death on the cross.
- This is my blood of the new covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. (Matthew 26:28)
- He personally carried away our sins in his own body on the cross so we can be dead to sin and live for what is right. You have been healed by his wounds! (1 Peter 2:24)
When we accept the gift of Jesus Christ from God, and admit that we have sinned and ask for His forgiveness, our sins ARE forgiven, and our relationship with God is rebuilt.
- …for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. (Romans 3:23-24)
- …there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents. (Luke 15:10)
- If you confess with your mouth – Jesus is Lord – and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
By accepting and believing in Jesus Christ, we ask for His leadership and guidance through life. We are reborn as a new person, in Christ.
- Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God. (John 1:12)
- Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! (2 Corinthians 5:17)
- Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. (1 Corinthians 12:27)
- But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found. (Luke 15:32)
After accepting Jesus Christ, our good deeds, or works, are done to honor Him, not ourselves. We do not earn salvation by doing good works, but rather the works come FROM salvation by Jesus.
- What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such a faith save him? … In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. (James 2:14,17)
- Everything comes from you, and we have given you only what comes from your hand.(1 Chronicles 29:14b)
- However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God’s grace.(Acts 20:24)
- For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. (Ephesians 2:10)
By accepting Jesus, we defeat death, and can look forward to an eternal relationship with God.
- For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile – the same Lord is Lord of all, and richly blesses all who call on him, for, ‘Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.’ (Romans 10:12-13)
- Where, O death is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting? (1 Corinthians 15:55)
- I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. (1 John 5:13)
- …many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things. But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ…(Philippians 3:18-20)
- In my father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me… (John 14:2-3)
Please follow and like us: